- advertisement-

What might cause my scuba regulator to wheeze when getting low on air?

I was browesing Yahoo answers the other day and came a cross this thouth it was very interesting and some I should share with you.

What might cause my scuba regulator to wheeze when getting low on air?


I have a brand new first and second stage from oceanic. I've taken the equipment on two dives so far and both times towards the end of the dive I would hear an occasional wheezing noise as I inhaled. Couldn't tell whether it was first or second stage reg, or the hose itself. Anyone have this issue before or know what it means? Thanks for any help. I'm with DMG - if you haven't had your reg in to be serviced, take it in. Your primary regulator should never 'wheeze' or 'honk'. It's almost certainly the second stage.

I learned recently that it's not unusual for regulators to ship from the factory *not* correctly set to factory specs. I've got an AquaLung (the one actually built by APEKS) and when it came back from its first annual service I had to learn how to handle it all over again because it seemed like it wanted to free-flow. Turns out, my reg was not set right to start with (not bad out of spec, but the difference was noticeable).

i would take it back to were you got if from that doesn't sound normal. i have never had that issue before but i don't have a oceanic.


Your regs need to go back to the shop to be serviced. And you should never go below 50 bar. People who do, need their head examined.It's just too dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment